This brochure is intended to help you understand the rules of this organization and the need for compliance. These rules are not intended to restrict your activity rather they are intended to protect you as an employee. It might seem to be a long list but you will see that they all are necessary. The company will take appropriate corrective action if violation occurs.
BREAKING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING RULES WILL WARRANT SERIOUS DISCIPLINARY ACTION, AND WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION OR DISMISSAL AND/OR POSSIBLE LEGAL ACTION AS DEEMED APPROPRIATE BY THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE WORK PLACE.
- Possession of offensive weapons on company property.
- Concerted efforts resulting in work stoppage, slowdown, or restriction of output.
- Deliberate abuse or destruction of company’s property.
- Unauthorized use of company records or other confidential information.
- Threatening, provoking, intimidating or assaulting other employees on company premises.
- Contravention of company sanitation and safety regulations including the use of tobacco products.
- Sleeping during work hours.
- Neglect in duties, which results in serious injury and/or damage.
ACTIONS OF EMPLOYEES, WHICH WARRANT AT LEAST A WRITTEN WARNING, ARE:
- Reporting to work under the influence of an intoxicant or illegal drug.
- Deliberate slowdown or neglect of duties.
- Immoral conduct or using abusive or obscene language to others including fellow employees, supervisors, customers, suppliers, etc.
- Walking off the job or leaving the premises during working hours without permission.
BEHAVIOR WHICH MAY WARRANT DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS.
- Leaving work station/department without permission.
- Overstaying lunch and break periods or leaving work station before authorized quitting time.
- Loitering in washrooms or any other place where employee’s job does not call for his presence.
- Unsatisfactory job performance.
- Repeated failure to properly punch time card.
Good Work Practices
Employee safety and well being is of primary importance to our company and we are committed to ensure a safe and healthy working environment. It is our intent to comply with the fullest extent possible with the spirit and intent of Occupational Health & Safety Act.
For further and updated information please visit Occupational Health & Safety Act.
All employees must read and understand the following information prior to working with Shahbaz Employment Agency.
- All employees must maintain good personal hygiene.
- All employees must wear safety shoes. Shoes should be kept clean and free of any dirt and be in good condition.
- Where our clients require, no jewelry (which includes rings, hair clips, earrings, watches, necklaces, bracelets/broaches) can be worn in any areas of plant.
- Where our clients require, nail polish, false nails or false eyelashes are not to be worn.
- Where our clients require, all employees must wear hairnets and beard nets when necessary while in plant such that is completely covered and tucked under the hair net.
- Where our clients require, facemasks must be properly worn to cover the employee’s nose and mouth.
- Hands and lower arms must be immediately washed after using the washroom facilities.
- No smoking, eating, drinking, or spitting is allowed in work areas. Eating, drinking and smoking are allowed only in the designated areas.
- No glass, ceramic and other such brittle items are to be brought into the plant areas. Personal effects are to be left in the lockers provided and not in the production room, if lockers are not available, then personal effects should be kept to a minimum and the client’s supervision will provide a place to keep these effects, ensure there are no valuables. Neither the client, nor Shahbaz Employment Agency is responsible for the loss or theft of any personal items.
- Cuts, scratches or open wounds must be dressed, reported immediately and covered with a waterproof covering. All injuries must be reported to the supervisor on site, as well as to Shahbaz Employment Agency immediately, in case of off hours, it must be reported to Shahbaz Employment Agency no later than the following day.
- Ontario law must be respected and obeyed at all times.
- The client’s rules and regulations must be obeyed at all times.